Thursday, January 3, 2008

Enty One: Hello There

A bit of background, I recently had my MPFL replaced with donor tissue about 8 weeks ago at this point. I have searched online for information on the recovery process and what to expect, but the only thing I've been able to find are either medical journals, outdated information on kneegurus.co.uk (a fabulous site) and a site for people who have recently undergone total knee replacements (TKRs, apparently) I'm young for this kind of thing, so I thought maybe starting a blog would be beneficial to someone, somewhere when they are looking for info online. I wish I did it earlier, to be honest.


So, let's try this as testing, testing, testing, 123.

1 comment:

L.McClain said...

Not sure if you will get this, I am 7 weeks post-op from my second MPFL surgery, my first one ruptured about 5 months ago. Having a hard time with this one, feel like my knee will never be normal again. ROM is still less than 90 degrees flexion and 0 degrees extension and painful! I know I'm a second time loser but I just need to hear it from someone else that it gets better. The recovery from my first surgery seemed much faster.